In obedience to God’s command to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations, Bethany Christian Church partners with missionaries and missions, both internationally and nationally, to help people become followers of Jesus and to establish and/or assist churches in those regions.
Please take a moment to read more about many of the domestic, international and educational ministries we support regularly through financial gifts and / or prayer.
- David & Jen Bell / Kenya Mahali pa Maisha is the vision of Dave and Jen Bell who serve in Kenya. Their ministry includes an Infant Rescue Center for abandoned or orphaned infants, training and teaching in areas like health & hygiene, nutrition, AIDS education, agriculture, and Biblical teaching.
- Jeff & Laurie Butler / NYC Jeff (who is from our congregation) and Laurie are church planters of Community Christian Church, Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City. The congregation, just like NYC, is quite diverse ... the homeless and millionaires eat & drink coffee together; high school drop-outs and college professors study the Bible together.
- Horizon International / Africa The mission of Horizon International is to "create a world of hope" for children adversely affected by the ravages of HIV/AIDS. Horizon is committed to helping those with resources become aware of and engaged in the battle for the lives of the millions of children in Africa who have been marginalized and who suffer due to the pandemic of HIV/AIDS. Horizon works with potential Global Outreach "GO" Team leaders and candidates through the process of planning, mobilizing, facilitating and debriefing a GO Team that is synchronized with the vision and goals of Horizon International.
- Larry & Debbie Kineman / England Larry & Debbie Kineman are from our congregation. They arrived in Great Britain in 1993 to join Christian Missionary Fellowship Inc (CMF's) church-planting team. They have planted two churches, assisted with others, and ministered to numerous individuals. Their current ministry in the city of Worcester aims to address the social problems among young people with Christian alternatives and a church that is relevant to those needs. A large part of our financial support for this ministry is through our members' Faith Promise gifts, which are designated gifts over and above their regular offerings.
- Scott & Angela Mitchener / Dominican Republic Scott & Angela, who are from Bethany, work through Freedom International in the Dominican Republic. Their main focus is investing in the lives of children at a bilingual Christian school near the city of Ramon Santana. The school serves students and their families who live in nearby "bateyes" (sugarcane villages). Through VBS programs and camps they desire to see kids come to Christ. Spending time with these same students in the school setting provides a perfect opportunity for discipleship and growth.
- Humberto & Becky Ramirez / Inner City, Indy Humberto and Becky minister to Indianapolis' Hispanic population. The vision of their ministry is: "To partner with churches and ministries to establish dynamic Hispanic congregations." Humberto, Becky and their team have worked at forming interpersonal relationships with local Hispanic families. Their activities have included home Bible studies, a partnership with Wheeler Mission Ministries, English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, a Hispanic Mothers Club, a Kids Club, VBS programs, family camps, and advising and helping Hispanics with personal needs and cultural issues.
- Real Hope for Haiti This organization operates a mission in a particularly impoverished part of Haiti, a rural village called Cazale. There the mission has formed a medical clinic and rescue center for children with life threatening conditions, such as kwashiorkor, severe malnutrition, and third degree burns. RHFH is a faith based organization that is concerned with the spiritual formation of the individuals of the community in which it serves. RHFH makes it a priority to pray and share the Gospel message with patients of both the clinic and rescue center and their families.
- Emrys & Usha Rees / India Emrys and Usha continue the ministry started by his parents in Chittoor, India. Their ministry includes preaching the gospel to Hindus, Muslims, and nominal Christians; mentoring, leadership training, discipleship training, and strengthening of the congregations in urban and rural areas; ministering to people living with leprosy, HIV/AIDS, and tuberculosis; home and community-based care, outpatient care, inpatient care, and the prevention of HIV/AIDS. They help orphans, widows, and the very poor obtain basic education and job training.
- Jill Shaw / New Zealand Jill grew up in our congregation, and she is all about discipleship. She has worked in New Zealand since 1999. She currently serves in Auckland as a Chaplain at Massey University, works with Refuge House & Refugee Resettlement serving wounded and growing women & refugees, provides leadership to discipleship and Life Groups, and mentors missionaries through networks worldwide.
- Leslie & Angie Solliday / Show Low, AZ Leslie serves as Executive Director and Angie (who grew up at Bethany Christian Church) serves as Principal / Teacher / Business Manager for the American Indian Christian Mission (AICM). This ministry works with Native American communities through a bus ministry and summer camps. They also provide a quality Christian education for Native American youth at a boarding school and help meet spiritual and physical needs of Native American adults.
- Roger & Beth Wiseman / St Louis, MO Roger & Beth helped establish and serve at Inner City Christian Church in a high poverty area of St. Louis. Their ministry includes preaching at three worship services on Sundays, teaching Adult Sunday School, leading Bible study, and operating the church's food pantry and clothing room.
- Ball State Campus House A campus ministry focused on introducing students to the gospel of Christ, strengthening the faith of Christian students, developing Christian leaders, and reaching out to international students in the name of Jesus. (Senior Minister - Mark Pike)
- Cincinnati University Cincinnati OH
- Johnson University Knoxville TN
- Kentucky Christian University Grayson KY
“Faith Promise” is an opportunity for you to make a one year commitment to support Larry and Debbie Kineman, international missionaries to Great Britain, who go into the city to reach the lost through the GLOW ministry. The commitments are made over and above our giving to the church. Your gift may be given weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually. Commitment cards will be available a week prior to Faith Promise Sunday. Please prayerfully consider joining us as we partner with the Kinemans to change the world!
Bethany Christian Church is actively involved with several local organizations, providing financial support and volunteers to help meet the great needs within our own community. Following are brief descriptions of some of the organizations we support. If you are interested in helping as a volunteer or making a donation, please contact the church office (765-643-5713) or contact us by email.
Operation Love’s services include a food pantry; assistance with clothing, household and medical equipment; prescription assistance; emergency financial needs; crisis intervention; needs assessment and referral. Bethany assists with financial support, collecting food and clothing donations, and volunteers to help stock the food pantry. http://operationloveministries.com
Dove Harbor is a transitional shelter for women and women with children. It is not an emergency shelter but, rather, an extended-stay shelter where women can heal, learn life skills, and be empowered to walk away from unhealthy situations. Bethany’s Zumba class participated in “The Great Give” with other churches in our community recently in raising over $22,000 for this organization. www.doveharbor.org
Bethany provides financial support for the Christian Center, which is a faith based non-denominational nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the hungry, hurting and homeless. Their services include food, shelter, clothing, hygiene products, household necessities, recovery programs, financial and life skills education, etc. http://thechristiancenter.org